Subject: [PATCH 0/2] bug fix with push --dry-run and submodules

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:18:53 -0800

While trying to understand how the recursive pushing of submodules worked I
discovered that when push was instructed to do a dry-run, while also configured
to push unpushed submodules 'on-demand', that the submodule pushes weren't
configured to perform dry-runs, but actually performed the pushes.  This
resulted in the submodules being pushed while leaving the superproject unpushed
which is undesirable behavior for a dry-run.

This series introduces a test to illustrate the bug as well as a patch to
correct this behavior by passing the --dry-run flag to the child processes
which perform the submodule pushes during a dry-run.

This series is based against 'origin/hv/submodule-not-yet-pushed-fix'

Brandon Williams (2):
  push: --dry-run updates submodules when --recurse-submodules=on-demand
  push: fix --dry-run to not push submodules

 submodule.c                    | 13 ++++++++-----
 submodule.h                    |  4 +++-
 t/t5531-deep-submodule-push.sh | 26 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 transport.c                    |  9 ++++++---
 4 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.0.rc3.226.g39d4020