Subject: [PATCH] making real_path thread-safe

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 10:58:35 -0800

The goal of this patch is to make the function real_path thread-safe.  To do,
the current logic which uses chdir() to do the symlink resolution needed to be
rewritten to perform the symlink resolution by hand.

I wanted to get the bulk of the work out there for review quickly so
technically this patch doesn't make real_path thread safe yet as it still uses
a static buffer to serve up the resultant path.  On a future iteration I plan
on removing this and pushing ownership of the returned string to the callers.

For more information on why this change is desirable you can see the following
threads:

https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Brandon Williams (1):
  real_path: make real_path thread-safe

 abspath.c | 183 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 122 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.0.rc3.226.g39d4020