Subject: Suggestion for the "Did you mean this?" feature

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:48:20 +0530

Hello all,

I have found the "Did you mean this?" feature of git as a very good
feature. I thought it would be even better if it took a step toward by
asking for a prompt when there was only one alternative to the command
that was entered. 

E.g.

> unique@unique-pc:~$ git hepl
> git: 'hepl' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
> 
> Did you mean this?
> 	help
> [yes/No] : y
> usage: git [--version] [--help] [-C <path>] [-c name=value]
>            [--exec-path[=<path>]] [--html-path] [--man-path] [--info-
> path]
> ....

This would make it even better for the user as it would avoid having to
correct the mistake long commands that had only a single error
(considering history feature is enabled). 

Is this is a good idea ?

-- 

Regards,
Kaartic