Subject: Publishing on a simple HTTP server

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:10:25 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to understand how to publish/export my repository to
put it onto a HTTP server from which, I hope, someone could clone
or pull from it.

Sadly, I think I do not have the right recipe to achieve this.

I hope you will be able to comment how I do things and tell
what's wrong:

1. Repack current repository (just in case)

git repack -d

2. Clone current repository

git clone --bare -l . /tmp/my-cloned.git

3. Update cloned repository informations

git --bare --git-dir=/tmp/my-cloned.git update-server-info

Then I upload this to my HTTP server.

When I want to clone the result from my HTTP server, here is what
I get:

Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

Note that I do not have git installed onto my HTTP server (since
I can't do that) neither is gitweb.

What is wrong this ?

Regards,

Xavier