Subject: [PATCH] Documentation/git-checkout: make doc. of checkout <tree-ish> clearer

From: Christoph Michelbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 22:17:15 +0200

While technically in the documentation, the fact that changes
introduced by a checkout <tree-ish> are staged automatically, was
not obvious when reading its documentation. It is now specifically
pointed out.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Michelbach <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-checkout.txt | 7 ++++---
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-checkout.txt b/Documentation/git-checkout.txt
index 8e2c066..cfd7b18 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-checkout.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-checkout.txt
@@ -85,9 +85,10 @@ Omitting <branch> detaches HEAD at the tip of the current branch.
 	from the index file or from a named <tree-ish> (most often a
 	commit).  In this case, the `-b` and `--track` options are
 	meaningless and giving either of them results in an error.  The
-	<tree-ish> argument can be used to specify a specific tree-ish
-	(i.e.  commit, tag or tree) to update the index for the given
-	paths before updating the working tree.
+	<tree-ish> argument can be used to specify the tree-ish (i.e.
+	commit,	tag, or tree) to update the index to for the given paths
+	before updating the working tree accordingly.  Note that this means
+	that the changes this command introduces are staged automatically.
 +
 'git checkout' with <paths> or `--patch` is used to restore modified or
 deleted paths to their original contents from the index or replace paths
-- 
2.7.4