Subject: Missing: Consistency of clean state output of "git add -i"

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 12:45:37 +0530

Hello all,
When the "git add -i" command is triggered with a clean working
directory and index, the outputs of the various options don't seem to
be giving consistent results. A few of the distinct outputs are,

1. No output, the options are displayed
2. A single blank line and the options are displayed
3. The "add untracked" option, prints "No untracked files." and adds a
empty line and prints the options
4. The "patch" option, prints "No changes" and prints the options

It seems that the clean state output should be improved for the sake of
a consistent user interface. 

Note: I could possibly help if I were pointed to the implementation.

Quote: "We hate most in others that which we fail to see in ourselves."
- Anil Dash
--
Regards,
Kaartic