Subject: Re: Using '--help' for aliases

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 00:44:02 +0530

On Wed, 2017-06-21 at 14:55 -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> It could do that. I think we even discussed it at one point,
> but I
> didn't dig up the thread. However, you have the problem that running
> "man checkout" is likely to clobber the mention of the alias. So the
> question is whether it is more important to tell the user that it's
> an
> alias (and which options the alias is using!),
Now, that's something I didn't think of. Does seem to quite an issue as
aliases accept argument this.

I seem to be getting the idea of '--help' just now. All these days, I
was actually considering it to be another way of getting to the man
page of a command. Have to play with it a little to see in what other
ways '--help' could help me! In case there's anything that's so useful
about it that I'm missing, let me know.

>  or to show them the
> referred command's manpage.
> 
> -Peff

-- 
Regards,
Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>