Subject: Re: Requesting suggestions for a good sample "prepare-commit-msg" hook

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 22:56:41 +0530

On Wed, 2017-07-05 at 10:00 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > So, we're searching for scripts that
> > could both be  helpful to users and could serve as a good sample to
> > prove what could be done using the hooks.
> 
> I am not so sure that we are searching for them, to be honest (who
> are we in this context anyway?)
I think I misinterpreted your sentence in one of the other mails (found
below),

    That sounds like a sample that is there not because it would be
    useful, but because we couldn't think of any useful example.

> This sounds like a solution looking for a problem to me.  The
> simplest option may be to remove the sample hook---perhaps it
> outlived its usefulness.
Removing it is going to be done for sure. I thought it would be even
better to replace it for the reasons I specified previously. Anyways,
in case the last path I sent[1] seems not to be useful and not other
interesting alternatives turn up in this thread then the "simplest
option" has to be chosen.

[1]: http://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/raw

-- 
Kaartic