Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] setup: update error message to be more meaningful

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 16:33:50 +0530

On Sun, 2017-07-30 at 16:17 +0530, Kaartic Sivaraam wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-07-29 at 09:10 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > We perhaps need to somehow make sure new users won't be led to the
> > misunderstanding.  Improving our documentation is a good first step.
> 
> That's something I could help with.
> 
I seem to be stuck a little with this. I'm not sure which other sub-
commands other than log and commit have similar behaviour as I'm aware
of "why" they behave that way. I tried a little but thought it was
better ask this one.

What could be the source of this issue? (I guess this may help identify
the possible commands if the source is common.)

Which documentation(s) could be candidates for the suggested change?
How about "Documentation/git.txt"?

-- 
Kaartic