Subject: Contact with Latinamerica

From: Christopher Díaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:06:48 -0500

Hi,

My name is Christopher Díaz Riveros, I'm a software development student
in Lima, Peru. For some time now I have been supporting my Linux
community, Gentoo Linux, and I have discovered a wide world of
possibilities in open source.

I tell you this because it has been so much benefit in my training as a
a developer that I am determined to start a new community in my country
to be able to make technology-related career students find an open
source community in which they can learn to work and get the same
positive effect that I have had on mine. I have already been talking to
some teachers, I am about to begin my final year of studies in the
institute, and they agree to start the community with students of the
institution.

As one of the main problems when getting involved with a community here
is the barrier of english language, and few are able to have fluent
conversations in that language, as it is a bit intimidating for most to
approach an open source community. My community hopes to get in touch
with different open source projects throughout the world and seeks to
be a midpoint to interact with young developers and communities.

Having said all this I have only to offer to your community, the
availability of our community (we still do not have a definite name)
and see if anyone is interested in supporting this group of developers
here and with a bit of luck be able to turn it into a movement of all
Latin America.

Thanks and any kind of feedback is welcome :)
Christopher Diaz Riveros