Subject: Are the 'How to' documents present as man pages?

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:30:43 +0530

I was reading the 'git revert' documentation and found the following
line in it,

    -m parent-number
    --mainline parent-number

        ...

        See the revert-a-faulty-merge How-To[1] for more details.

It says that the 'How-To' is present in the first section of the man
page. I tried to access it to get this,

    $ man 1 revert-a-faulty-merge How-To
    No manual entry for revert-a-faulty-merge in section 1
    No manual entry for How-To in section 1

That made me wonder whether the 'How-To' documents were present as man
pages and were installed when git is installed.

In case they are, how should I be accessing them? In case they aren't
doesn't the above seem misleading?

    -- 
    Kaartic