Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] branch: change the error messages to be more meaningful

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 17:43:54 +0530

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 10:13 +0900, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Moreover, as a consequence of my assumption that the tests don't check
> > for the error messages themselves; I haven't even thought of checking
> > whether the tests or the travis-ci build succeeded as a consequence of
> > my patches that touch "only" the error messages!
> 
> That's a bad thing, right?

Might be, but my assumption seems to held at least until now for the
two or three patches that I have sent that touch "only" the error
messages (I haven't received emails from anyone shouting at me that the
build fails as a consequence of one such patches).

The build status for this patch can be found at [1]. Supporting my
assumption, it passed too.

That said, you don't have to worry a lot about this. I'll come over my
laziness and check if the travis-ci build passes for such patches in
the future :-)

[1]: https://travis-ci.org/sivaraam/git/builds/276222235

---
Kaartic