Subject: Re: git send-email does not work with Google anymore?!

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 20:13:49 +0530

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 12:52 +0200, Lars Schneider wrote:
> Apparently that stopped working today. I get this error:
> 
>     (mbox) Adding cc: Lars Schneider <[email-masked]> from line 'From: Lars Schneider <[email-masked]>'
>     Password for 'smtp://[email-masked]@smtp.gmail.com:587':
>     5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?...token...
>     5.7.14 ...> Please log in via your web browser and
>     5.7.14 then try again.
>     5.7.14  Learn more at
>     5.7.14  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 ... - gsmtp
> 
> Of couse I tried to log in via web browser etc. Does anyone else use 
> Google as SMTP server? If yes, does it work for you?
> 

I thought I was the only one having this problem. Seems, I'm not alone
;-) Until recently I was using the email address,

[email-masked]

to send patches. Last week, I got the same error message you did and
tried to fix it in various ways but failed in my attempt; got fed up
and switched to another mail address I owned (the current one) using
which I'm able to send patches (surprise !). Fortune for me as, it
wasn't a big deal. I think this is an issue with Google.

(I still don't know when I'm going to get the error for this one. I
don't have ideas to change this one.)

-- 
Kaartic