Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] a small branch API clean-up

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 10:06:10 +0530

On Sat, 2017-10-21 at 17:52 +0900, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
> Sorry, but I am not sure what you are asking.  
> 
> I was looking at the code, noticed NEEDSWORK comment and worked on
> cleaning things up---you seem to feel that I need a reason, or
> perhaps even your permission, when I try improving the codebase?
> That starts to sound a bit ridiculous.

Nothing like that, sorry. I was thinking that you would "remember" the
fact that I was trying to clean up the NEEDSWORK in the patch series
mentioned before as you have reviewed/commented on it. So, I thought
there would be something my patch series was doing wrong which made you
send another series that cleans up the NEEDSWORK. I just wanted to know
that specific reason (the reason which made you send a series cleaning
up the NEEDSWORK when you saw another series doing the same thing)?

Of course that's assuming that you remembered my series cleaning up the
NEEDSWORK, in the first place. If that's not the case then there's no
reason you could give :-)

-- 
Kaartic