Subject: Re: git send-email does not work with Google anymore?!

From: Dennis Kaarsemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 18:27:51 +0200

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 12:52 +0200, Lars Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I used to use the Google SMTP server to send my patches to the list with 
> the following config:

>8 ---

> Apparently that stopped working today. I get this error:
> 
>     (mbox) Adding cc: Lars Schneider <[email-masked]> from line 'From: Lars Schneider <[email-masked]>'
>     Password for 'smtp://[email-masked]@smtp.gmail.com:587':
>     5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?...token...
>     5.7.14 ...> Please log in via your web browser and
>     5.7.14 then try again.
>     5.7.14  Learn more at
>     5.7.14  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 ... - gsmtp
> 
> Of couse I tried to log in via web browser etc. Does anyone else use 
> Google as SMTP server? If yes, does it work for you?

For 2fa-protected accounts, this seems to break quite often. I ended up
setting up a mail relay on my vps for this. If you want, you can use
git.seveas.net to send patches to the git mailing lists (doesn't work
for other recipients, I'm not quite stupid enough to run an open mail
relay...)

D.