Subject: Re: [GSoC PATCH v5 1/5] repo: declare the repo command

From: Lucas Seiki Oshiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2025 18:54:15 -0300

> I'm not really too sure whether we need to bother with quoting.

Given the set of values that I have planned for this command, the only
problem that I see is in the (near) future where `git-repo-info` will
return paths and only when those paths have less common bytes in those
paths (e.g. newlines).

I think I'll leave the way it is by now because it won't affect the
current set of values (which are "true", "false", "files" and
"reftable"), and we can discuss more about it in the patches related to
paths.

> So with that in mind it's probably better to just do the right thing.

Hmmm... I'm thinking about what is the "right thing" in this context.
For example, `git config --list` doesn't quote when in its key=value
format. Perhaps I'm citing `git config --list` too much :-), but it is
because is the closer command to `git-repo-info` in that sense.

But by now, I think we can discuss it later. Adding the quote_c_style
would be very easy to do in a future patch without changing the behavior
of what we have by now.