Subject: [GSoC] Introduction and microproject for GSoC 2025

From: Lucas Oshiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2025 12:50:44 -0300

Hello everyone!

I'm expecting to apply for GSoC 2025 in Git, so let me present myself!

My name is Lucas Oshiro, I'm a developer from São Paulo, Brazil,
currently a grad student in CS at University of São Paulo. My interest
in Git dates from years ago and I even submitted a patch here in the
past (which wasn't finished due to scheduling conflicts with my
capstone project).

Since then, I haven't been involved directly with Git community,
however, I kept my interest in Git alive by:

- Translating parts of Pro Git to pt-BR:
   https://github.com/progit/progit2-pt-br/pull/81

- Writing some blog posts about Git, for example, this one that
   explains how Git can be used as a debugging tool:
   https://lucasoshiro.github.io/posts-en/2023-02-13-git-debug/

- Writing a subset of Git in Haskell:
   https://github.com/lucasoshiro/oshit

Even though GSoC 2025 didn't start so far, I intend to select as a
microproject replacing a `test -f` by `test_path_is_*` in `t7603`. If
someone else is working on that I can change it by another test.

I hope to get in touch again soon!
Lucas