Subject: Re: [PATCH] provide better committer information to commit-tree.c

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:45:48 -0700

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 05:31:16PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> 
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Greg KH wrote:
> >
> > Here's a small patch to commit-tree.c that does two things:
> 
> Gaah, I really was hoping that people wouldn't feel like they have to lie 
> about their committer information.
> 
> I guess we don't have much choice, but I'm not happy about it.

Well Russell has stated that he has to for EU Privacy reasons.  And I'd
like to do it as I don't have a local suse.de hostname for my laptop and
my employer probably doesn't really want my [email-masked] address
showing up :)

But if you really don't like it, and you don't want anyone trying to
hide anything, at least allow for a proper domainname.  On my boxes, the
domainname doesn't show up at all without that patch (just the
getdomainname() part).  I'll split it out if you want.

thanks,

greg k-h