Subject: Re: [git pasky] tarball question

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:23:53 -0700

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 04:31:43PM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I understand why you have the git-pasky-0.6.x.tar.bz2 tarballs with
> the .git database included as well (btw, great stuff renaming it to
> something more distributable), but its going to be a pita for users of
> source based distro's like us (Gentoo), as well as our mirrors if it
> gets much bigger. (Already asked r3pek to add it to portage).

Ah good, I was already makeing a ebuild for it, I'll let others do it
then :)

> How about ripping the .git directory from the next release, and just
> have a un-numbered tarball (like you used to) that have the latest
> snapshot of the .git directory for those that want to do git-pasky
> development?  Should even make things easier your side, as you could
> just do a cron to update it one a day/whatever.

Why?  The .git directory doesn't hurt anything that gentoo would do, we
would just update the ebuild for the major releases.

thanks,

greg k-h