Subject: [PATCH] git cvsimport sanity checking

From: "Tommy M. McGuire" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:27:47 -0500

This patch adds some sanity checking to git-cvsimport-script,
specifically forcing the use of cvsps -x (to get the latest information
from the repository, rather than whatever is in the cache) and aborting
early if cvsps does not produce any output.

I debated removing the $MODULE directory following an abort, but I
eventually decided leaving stuff behind would make debugging easier.  On
the other hand, this patch should help with the "cvsimport left me with
an empty repository" complaints.

Signed-off-by: Tommy McGuire <[email-masked]>

Call cvsps with the -x flag, to get the current state of the repository,
and abort the cvs import early if cvsps does not produce any output.

---
commit 2e670826cec5642a11e2e7d6adcb48e02225ba6d
tree 25e4f590772b9c0bc8ac37f8a57f4a08435ed5c6
parent 21b4b44a5deee7985f14d0f4776ad0d489092a96
author Tommy M. McGuire <[email-masked]> Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:38:42 -0500
committer Tommy M. McGuire <[email-masked]> Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:38:42 -0500

 git-cvsimport-script |    4 +++-
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/git-cvsimport-script b/git-cvsimport-script
--- a/git-cvsimport-script
+++ b/git-cvsimport-script
@@ -20,6 +20,8 @@ cvsps -h 2>&1 | grep -q "cvsps version 2
 mkdir "$MODULE" || exit 1
 cd "$MODULE"
 
-TZ=UTC cvsps -A $MODULE | git-cvs2git $ARGS --cvsroot="$CVSROOT" --module="$MODULE" > .git-create-script || exit 1
+TZ=UTC cvsps -x -A $MODULE > .git-cvsps-result
+[ -s .git-cvsps-result ] || exit 1
+git-cvs2git $ARGS --cvsroot="$CVSROOT" --module="$MODULE" < .git-cvsps-result > .git-create-script || exit 1
 sh .git-create-script


!-------------------------------------------------------------flip-

-- 
Tommy McGuire