Subject: Re: Stacked GIT 0.1 (a.k.a. quilt for git)

From: Paul Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:47:43 -0700

> it should at least
> check whether the commit message was modified.

I suspect not.

Beware that quilt has tended toward the philosophy of doing just
what you said, with no more, perhaps less than, the minimum critical
consistency checking.  If you tried to shoot you foot off with it,
it shot your foot off, quickly.

If I try to make a change without a meaninguful log entry, what
business of stgit is that?  And it certainly should not leave the
tree in some unspecified, inconsistent state without prior warning
on account of such.

Don't add inessential sanity checks on user input.  It won't sell
well to the "quilt replacement" market.

-- 
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability
                  Paul Jackson <[email-masked]> 1.925.600.0401