Subject: Re: [PATCH] Show URL in the "Getting <foo> list" http-fetch messages

From: Nick Hengeveld <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:22:02 -0800

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 05:17:42PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> > Therefore, can I somehow stall fetching of an object? The idea is:
> >
> > 	I want to check the alternates list!
> > 	I don't have it yet...
> > 	...but a request for it is already queued. Ok, I'll wait.
> 
> I agree, and probably this applies when index request is in
> transit as well.

I just posted a patch to prevent another alternate request from starting
if one is already in progress.

This should not be an issue with index requests because they are only
initiated from fetch().  The previous patch to load alternates on demand
added alternate handling to process_curl_messages() so that a 404 for an
object can be handled immediately rather than waiting for the fetch()
call for that object to notice.

-- 
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.