Subject: minor lib issue

From: Bennett Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:55:07 +0000

Not sure whether it's practical to fix this without autoconfiscating
the thing, but the logic for picking what libs to link against isn't
as robust as it might be, and the lib ordering (libcurl after
libcrypto) depends on dynamic linking to work.

I was able to build on Bent Linux (uClibc based, static linking
only) with the attached patch, which obviously is a one-off kludge
and not a reasonable fix for the problem.

-Bennett

P.S. In case anyone cares, I call Bent Linux my mid-life crisis
project. Unix as I grew to love her about 25 years ago, when she and
I were both a lot slimmer and healthier.
<URL:http://bent.latency.net/>
diff -ru git-1.0.3.orig/Makefile git-1.0.3/Makefile
--- git-1.0.3.orig/Makefile	2005-12-23 23:07:42.000000000 +0000
+++ git-1.0.3/Makefile	2005-12-23 23:09:36.000000000 +0000
@@ -422,8 +422,8 @@
 git-ssh-pull$X: rsh.o fetch.o
 git-ssh-push$X: rsh.o
 
-git-http-fetch$X: LIBS += $(CURL_LIBCURL)
-git-http-push$X: LIBS += $(CURL_LIBCURL) $(EXPAT_LIBEXPAT)
+git-http-fetch$X: LIBS += $(CURL_LIBCURL) $(LIB_4_CRYPTO) -lssl -lcrypto
+git-http-push$X: LIBS += $(CURL_LIBCURL) $(EXPAT_LIBEXPAT) -lssl -lcrypto
 git-rev-list$X: LIBS += $(OPENSSL_LIBSSL)
 
 init-db.o: init-db.c