Subject: Re: undoing changes with git-checkout -f

From: Joel Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:55:33 -0800

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:46:38PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Please do not use rsync:// transport if possible (mvista might
> only pubilsh via rsync:// and not git://, so it may not be your
> fault).

	Can we teach the git:// fetch program to use CONNECT over HTTP
proxies?  rsync can do this, but git:// cannot, so firewalls that block
9418 mean we use rsync://
	I'm mostly offline this week or I'd take a stab at it.

Joel

-- 

"We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the
 vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the 
 appalling silence of the good people."
	- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: (650) 506-8127