Subject: Re: RFC: Subprojects

From: Tom Prince <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:55:50 -0700

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 04:49:15PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I am with gitzilla on this one. Let the projects have their own
> > bootstraping mechanisms, using make, ant or whatever catches their
> > fancy. One of the great things about git is that it doesn't assume
> > that it's being used by all the projects in the world -- thanks to
> > Linus' disregard for arbitrary metadata and to your git-cherry
> > implementation, it's all about the content -- and so it interoperates
> > great with Arch, SVN, CVS, etc.
> 
> 
> I hope this settles this issue and nobody would bring up "Wee
> want subprojects" ever again ;-).
> 

But since we can import everything into a GIT repository, and have
(some) tools for pushing changes back, we can pretend that it is being
used for every project in the world.

  Tom