Subject: Re: Tracking and committing back to Subversion?

From: Brian Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 07:27:25 -0800

Well..

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 14:51, Sam Vilain wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone done any work on bidirectional access to SVN repositories?
> ie, tracking and committing.
>

I'm working on something that does just that, I haven't gotten to the 
bidirectional part just yet. (The only reason I didn't use git-svnimport is 
that it has a /terrible/ time importing from the KDE svn repo. )

>      <prop-dir> is a directory object, with one file in this example;
>      called svn:ignore.  The contents of this file would be something
>      like the .gitignore;
>
>           Makefile
>           Makefile.old
>           blib
>           ...etc...

My take on the properties, though I like your thoughts on how to handle at 
least svn:ignore, is to basically just let svn deal with them. I will make a 
couple tools that will modify them, for interface reasons, but they'll just 
be wrappers around the svn commands themselves.

At the moment, the tools are written as bash shell scripts with an interface 
I'm trying to keep as intuitive as cogito (even though I use the core-git 
tools now.)