Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] pg - A patch porcelain for GIT

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:29:03 -0500

Sam Vilain <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Shawn Pearce wrote:
> >I just posted the first public version of pg, a GIT porcelain for
> >managing patches.  Think StGIT, but better in some ways:
> >
> >Feature Summary:
> >- Maximum compatibility with other GIT porcelains.
> >- Simplified command line user interface.
> 
> How do I edit the description of an existing patch using pg?  Perhaps an
> option to pg-push ?

There isn't any description associated with a patch beyond its name
(which can be changed with pg-rename).  Unlike StGIT pg currently
doesn't store a description with each patch.

This is partly because I want pg to extract the comments given to
pg-ci to make the description of the patch during an export with
pg-export - but I haven't written the code to walk back along the
related commits and extract each comment.  On the other hand this
might not be the best description for a patch.  :-)

-- 
Shawn.