Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --temp and --stage=all options to checkout-index.

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:13:31 -0500

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >  Unfortunately this change lead me down a path which changed the core
> >  checkout code also used by apply and read-tree.
> 
> ... which makes it much harder to swallow without careful
> inspection X-<.
> 
> I think the patch only appears much bigger than it actually is,
> because of reindentation effect coming from "if (to-temp-file)".
> However, I am too tired to carefully examine them tonight, so I
> hope you do not mind my postponing this for now.

Not at all.  I read over the diff before sending it and thought it
made the patch look much worse than it really is, simply because
of the reindentation.  :-|

Sometimes good 'ole diff ain't that great for conveying a change.

-- 
Shawn.