Subject: [PATCH] AsciiDoc fix for tutorial

From: Francis Daly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:35:27 +0000

RE \^.+\^ becomes <sup>. Not wanted here

---

 Documentation/tutorial.txt |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

7b81a656bfa1faea449f4c9c083d69f940912a8d
diff --git a/Documentation/tutorial.txt b/Documentation/tutorial.txt
index 66680d7..268a877 100644
--- a/Documentation/tutorial.txt
+++ b/Documentation/tutorial.txt
@@ -309,7 +309,7 @@ git diff HEAD^^ HEAD^
 -------------------------------------
 
 shows the difference between that previous state and the state two
-commits ago.  Also, HEAD~5 can be used as a shorthand for HEAD^^^^^,
+commits ago.  Also, HEAD~5 can be used as a shorthand for HEAD{caret}{caret}{caret}^^,
 and more generally HEAD~n can refer to the nth previous commit.
 Commits representing merges have more than one parent, and you can
 specify which parent to follow in that case; see
-- 
1.2.GIT

-- 
Francis Daly        [email-masked]