Subject: Re: [PATCH] AsciiDoc fix for tutorial

From: Francis Daly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:07:26 +0000

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 01:51:47PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Francis Daly <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >  shows the difference between that previous state and the state two
> > -commits ago.  Also, HEAD~5 can be used as a shorthand for HEAD^^^^^,
> > +commits ago.  Also, HEAD~5 can be used as a shorthand for HEAD{caret}{caret}{caret}^^,
> 
> Thanks.  Why not 5 {caret}, not just three {caret} plus ^^?

No real reason; the asciidoc parser accepts two together so I left them
there.  Anyone reading a transformed version should see the real ^s,
so the question is whether it's clearer for someone reading the .txt
file to see a mixture with a passing resemblance to a few lines earlier,
or just to see {caret} consistently.

5 {caret} is fine by me.

For more consistency, there are three other ^s in the file could which
could also be changed, but none of them cause breakage now.

	f
-- 
Francis Daly        [email-masked]