Subject: Re: Two gitweb feature requests

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:27:27 +0200

It would be nice if gitweb provided for the GIT repository description 
which doesn't fit the "Description" column and is shortened, and any 
other text which doesn't fit it's own column, full text of said field 
as the "title" attribute for the cell 'td' element, or encompasing 
'span' element. It would result in having full, not shortened text of 
said field (e.g. repository description) in the pop-up on mouse hover 
over said field. To simplify things it could be provided 
unconditionally, regardless whether the field needs shortening or not.

By the way, would it be possible for the repository without provided 
description to stand out more, perhaps by changing formatting of 
default description: 
  "Unnamed repository; edit this file to name it for gitweb."
to use ALL CAPS for attention, like that: 
  "UNNAMED REPOSITORY; edit this file to name it for gitweb."
or perhaps if possible use HTML formatting [additionally] for that.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland