Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/5] Enable ref log creation in git checkout -b.

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:52:34 -0400

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I've swallowed all 10 and pushed them out in "pu", but could you
> add tests to check the Porcelainish commands you touched with
> this series to make sure they all log correctly?

Sure.  I've been putting it off as I've been busy the past few days
and have also been thinking about trying to rebuild reflog using a
tag/annotation branch style, which might be more generally useful
to others.  So I've been debating about whether or not I should
ask you to pop reflog out of pu indefinately.

> BTW, I noticed that a patch earlier in the series depended on
> something not in "master" (it's rfc2822_date from js/fmt-patch
> series).  Generally I do not want to make a branch hostage of
> another branch by introducing a dependency, but for now I'll
> pull in early part of js/fmt-patch branch into sp/reflog branch
> and see what happens.

Doh.  Sorry about that one.  I saw it in date.c and used it, not
realizing it was only in pu.
 
-- 
Shawn.