Subject: Re: New release?

From: Nick Hengeveld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:46:18 -0700

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 12:19:19PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 23:02 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> >          - http-fetch fixes from Nick, which looked obviously correct.
> >            I would appreciate test reports from people who saw breakages
> >            on this one.
> 
> I'm still getting a segfault with the current git from the "next" branch:
> 
> $ git-clone http://www.denx.de/git/linux-2.6-denx.git
> ...
> got 4160b8334c53e0881cdc12c1f7d3d54fff883772
> got 5f57f29efee48d84e235a8ff75a35e7e354227a7
> got 681a9c73a2a321850404d4856f4738be47e17d15
> got 29b0ddaa324e417abf153460d7d94fb67823a6ef
> got 23e7a5c7d2c13d98524b69f54378d887e1962fc8
> /home/proski/bin/git-clone: line 29: 27271 Segmentation fault      git-http-fetch -v -a -w "$tname" "$name" "$1/"
> 
> It takes about an hour with my connection from running the command to
> the segfault.  It you have any idea how to speed it up, it would be very
> helpful.

I can't offer any suggestions wrt speeding it up, but I'll do what I can
to reproduce the problem here.

> If I comment out USE_CURL_MULTI, I get compile errors in http.c and
> http-push.c.

I just posted a fix for the compile errors.  As noted there, I've done
very little testing of the fetch/push binaries when built with
USE_CURL_MULTI commented out.

-- 
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.