Subject: Re: git2rss --- publish changes from git-log via RSS

From: Bennett Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:53:28 +0000

2006-07-04T21:09:32 Jakub Narebski:
> Added to http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools#git2rss
> Please correct/expand the info if needed.

Thanks. But I'm not sure it belongs there. If anybody else turns out
to be interested, and we work out how to update it to pull out the
Bent-specific stuff hardcoded in it, and document the result, then
maybe. At best it might be an example someone could copy, if they
wanted to publish an rss of git-log, with some hardwired assumptions
about the log format and the archive structure. It's not based on
darcs2rss, it's a complete rewrite, and much simpler since I used
XML::RSS::SimpleGen.

> BTW. gitweb includes RSS feed, see e.g.:
>   http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=git/git.git;a=rss
>   http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=git/git.git;a=opml

Can it be used for offline generation? I don't run any CGIs on my
webserver, I re-generate bent.xml whenever I push any updates.

-Bennett