Subject: [ANNOUNCE] ClearCase UCM -> git converter

From: Rutger Nijlunsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:36:15 +0200

Hi,

Find attached a ClearCase UCM -> git converter.

While UCM does have branches and so on, this importer imports one
stream. Since UCM is somewhat like an expensive CVS, it is quite
difficult to retrieve more information from UCM in a useful way: the
concept are just too poluted.

Features:
  - Author files support to map ClearCase usernames to git user names
  - Incrementally import one ClearCase UCM stream into git.
    Just rerun the script when new baselines were created.
  - Handles composite baselines
  - Auto-detection of VOB, stream, rules to load, .. as much
    as possible.
  - Auto repack after a lot of objects have been generated
  - Should be able to pick up where it left after an interruption.

HOWEVER, it is Windows only currently since I don't have a cleartool
unix client. It should not be too hard to convert though, since it
uses the normal 'cleartool' command line client to retrieve all
information.

Usage:

Just have your stream-to-be-converted running at, say, m:\mystream_int
(most likely an integration stream), and say something like:

	git-ucmimport m:\mystream_int c:\mystream_git

...and hopefully it should detect all configuration items and start
converting.

Can also be found at http://www.wingding.demon.nl .

Rutger.

-- 
Rutger Nijlunsing ---------------------------------- eludias ed dse.nl
never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence
----------------------------------------------------------------------