Subject: Reflog support status

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:34:35 -0400

My recent flurry of patches tonight (looks to be 5 total, 6
counting the user.name/user.email bug fix) should now include
reasonably useful information messages anytime a ref which has an
associated reflog gets updated, unless the update was made by one
of the following:

	git-archimport
	git-cvsimport
	git-svnimport
	git-receive-pack

Which is pretty reasonable.

I'll try to tackle git-receive-pack tomorrow night, but the reason
I have been putting it off is it would die a horrible death (exit
anyway) if it attempts to update a logged ref and GIT_COMMITTER_IDENT
can't be determined.  But if the repository owner has enabled
reflogging exiting is probably the right thing to do in that case...

I'd also like to parameterize git-am's reflog entries the way I
did with git-merge, this way git-rebase will report as 'rebase'
in the log rather than 'am'.  Again, I'll see if I can get that
done tomorrow night.

Junio: do you happen to still have that reflog program you put
together?  I'm wondering if maybe we shouldn't include a git-reflog
to cat the reflog file in a more human friendly format than the
timestamps contained within the file, not to mention maybe also do
oneline commit pretty printing.

-- 
Shawn.