Subject: Java GIT/Eclipse GIT version 0.1.1

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:36:20 -0400

My Java GIT library and Eclipse GIT team provider is now at a point
where it may be partially useful to someone else who is also trying
to write something which interacts with GIT.  Or who might also
be interested in seeing a pure-Java Eclipse team provider for GIT.

So I've posted my repository (currently ~200 KB) on my website:

  http://www.spearce.org/projects/scm/egit.git

The underlying Java library is fairly functional and can read and
write a repository.  Creating a series of Ant tasks for use in an
automated build environment would probably be pretty trivial with
this library.

The Eclipse plugin can't commit.  Or do a lot of other really
useful things.  So its not end-user ready.  :-)

The code is licensed under the Apache License, version 2.0.

I would appreciate any and all input, feedback, etc. that anyone
might have on this library or plugin.  Patches are of course
certainly welcome.  :-)

For what its worth I'm trying to keep this library and Eclipse
plugin 100% pure Java and avoid calling out to the canonical C
implementation of GIT.  However I have no plans to implement the
delta packing algorithm used by git-pack-objects.  Consequently if
this code ever produces packs it will be strictly zlib deflated
objects without delta compression.

-- 
Shawn.