Subject: Re: git-svn added files to my commit?!

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 06:16:50 -0700

Sorry for the delayed response; and furthermore, I've barely slept the
past few days, so don't expect full coherency.

Seth Falcon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [cc'ing the list in case others are seeing similar, etc]
> 
> I think this is related to git-svn eol handling.

It is... git-svn is issuing 'svn revert' before running 'svn up' which
means it's changing newlines between git commits.

I can't remember exactly why manual eol handling was needed in git-svn,
but I think it had to do with disabling keyword expansion and copying
from the original text-base files.  Of course, the 'svn revert' command
is there for a reason, too (looking at the comment in git-svn).

Perhaps getting rid of keyword killing and accepting expansions with the
command-line client is the simplest and safest way to go.

I've been using the SVN:: libraries exclusively for a while now and all
seems well, save for initial checkouts or big commits which are
significantly slower in some cases (I think using SVN::Delta for
downloads should fix this).

-- 
Eric Wong