Subject: Re: git refuses to switch to older branches

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:21:28 +0200

hoi :)

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 12:44:57AM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> Dear diary, on Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 12:39:20AM CEST, I got a letter
> where Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> said that...
> > But I would suggest you to be _extremely_ careful if you want to
> > try this.  I do not have an example offhand, but I would not be
> > surprised at all if there is a valid use case where it is useful
> > to have a pattern that matches a tracked file in .gitignore
> > file.
> 
>   *.o and binary blobs of closed-source software.

but if you want to switch from one branch which has the .o file
built from source to another branch which has the .o file tracked
in binary form, wouldn't you want to remove the generated file
in order to store the tracked one from the new branch?

-- 
Martin Waitz