Subject: Re: Git Survey summary

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:48:18 -0400

Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Dear diary, on Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 05:56:17PM CEST, I got a letter
> where Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]> said that...
> > I'm all for hyperlink integration of gitweb and bug tracking systems
> 
> Actually, Trac might be interesting if you want tight VCS web interface
> and bugtracking web interface integration, although Trac is not very
> powerful. I think the OLPC people did some work on integrating Trac and
> Git.
> 
> People will think I'm weird, but I have to admit that I rather do like
> Bugzilla.

Your not weird.  I also like Bugzilla for some projects; its rather
simple and somewhat easy to use...  I also know a lot of people
who hate it.

> I think we are doing fine as it is for now, though.

Oh I agree completely.  But that's the Git project.

However I think it would be nice if we had native hooks shipped
with core Git to connect to some popular bug tracking systems such
as Bugzilla and Trac.  Nothing incredibly fancy, but like how we
currently ship some default example hooks (and even install them into
every repo with `git init-db`!) we should at least ship some basic
examples and documentation for integrating to some popular systems.
Integrate with at least 2 and it should be easy for users to add
others...

Eh, its just more stuff for an ever growing wishlist.  :-)
I probably won't do it as its not high on my wish list for Git.
I don't currently use any bug tracking systems.

-- 
Shawn.