Subject: Re: [CFH] Remotes conversion script

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 01:50:53 +0200

Dear diary, on Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 01:40:26AM CEST, I got a letter
where Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> said that...
> s/directory/repository/ of course. And as of why: I'd rather have 'next',
> 'maint, 'html', 'man' in main namespace (with 'origin' substituting
> 'master') instead of remotes/origin/next etc.

Well, I don't know. Cogito should stay simple (and stupid) and if you
introduce too much choice, you will lose that. Especially if the choice
is in something already so confusing as branching. And for larger
repositories or more complex distributed branching situations, the
separated-remotes model is clearly superior, so I'd rather keep it for
the simpler cases as well, since if it introduces any hassle, I believe
it's only very minor (and pays off in the long run for the simpler
setups as well, I believe).

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/
#!/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
$/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)