Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: start to generate PATH_INFO URLs

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 20:14:09 +0200

hoi :)

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 03:30:47PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Martin Waitz <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Instead of providing the project as a ?p= parameter it is simply appended
> > to the base URI.
> > All other parameters are appended to that, except for ?a=summary which
> > is the default and can be omitted.
> 
> Supporting PATH_INFO in the sense that we do sensible things
> when we get called with one is one thing, but generating such a
> URL that uses PATH_INFO is a different thing.  I suspect not
> everybody's webserver is configured to call us with PATH_INFO,
> so this should be conditional.

right, and in fact it was more intended as a RFC, to see what
people think about such a thing.  Obviously I wanted to have
it for my repository, so I implemented it unconditional first.

Should we use the gitweb feature mechanism to enable/disable
PATH_INFO URL generation?

-- 
Martin Waitz