Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-rebase: Add a -v option to show a diffstat of the changes upstream at the start of a rebase.

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:59:43 +0200

hoi :)

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:35:09PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Robert Shearman <[email-masked]> writes:
> > +-v, \--verbose::
> > +	Display a diffstat of what changed upstream since the last rebase.
> > +
> 
> I initially was a bit surprised that you did not show diff
> between onto and our HEAD (i.e. show the damages contained in
> the topic you are rebasing that will be inflicted on upstream),
> but I think your way of showing the upstream changes makes more
> sense.  From the workflow point of view, this is for people who
> rebase instead of pull, and when pulling we show what the
> upstream did while we were looking the other way, so this
> naturally matches that behaviour for rebase.  I would say it is
> a good thinking.

but perhaps we should use the same command line options as pull:
default to show the diffstat and use -n to suppress it?

-- 
Martin Waitz