Subject: Re: gitweb: using quotemeta

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 11:23:23 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> I'd rather add (and use) separate subroutine for quoting/escaping
>> values in HTTP headers, or to be more exact for the filename part
>> of HTTP header "Content-Disposition:". This way if we decide to
>> not replace all characters outside US-ASCII in suggested filename
>> to save with '?', but only qoublequote '"' and linefeed '\n' characters,
>> or even implement RFC 2047 to do the encoding (of course if browsers
>> can read it), we could do this in one place. 
> 
> Sounds sane.  quote_filename?

Luben Tuikov used  to_qtext  in
  "[PATCH] gitweb: Convert Content-Disposition filenames into qtext"
  Msg-ID: <[email-masked]>
  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/28437

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland