Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] gitweb: Show trailing slash when listing tree entry in tree listing

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 21:12:46 +0200

Dear diary, on Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 09:06:25PM CEST, I got a letter
where Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> said that...
> Luben Tuikov wrote:
> 
> > --- Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> +                          esc_html($t->{'name'} . '/'));
> > 
> > First, this is a Unixism, and would confuse other OS users.

drwxr-xr-x

> By the way, I miss somewhat the "redundant" tree/blob links in tree
> view...

I didn't want to post about it but I share the feeling - I have to keep
thinking consciously about clicking on the file name instead of on the
view name - and the situation is worse for regular files, since it is
not really apparent that the filenames are clickablea. My mind knows
that I'm supposed to click on them (not users' mind!), but the eyes and
hands are still clueless.

So, I'd like to either have the view links or the filenames in classical
link style so that it's apparent they are clickable; I didn't post a
patch since I didn't have time/energy to fight for it yet. ;-)

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/
#!/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
$/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)