Subject: Re: GIT 1.4.3-rc2

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:55:01 +0200

hoi :)

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 10:42:33AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > have you looked into the git-fetch --update-head-ok thing I sent last
> > week?
> 
> I remember seeing it and wondering what workflow would need it.
> Also at the same time I wondered if it was indeed needed for a
> workflow why that workflow can get away with adding only that
> option to git-fetch without either adding more things to it or
> have a custom porcelain that drives the underlying
> git-fetch-pack directly.

I was wondering about it, too.
That's why I haven't added a [PATCH] tag to the message
and just added the diff to show the broken part ;-).

It is clear that the code as it is now does not work but perhaps
the right fix is to simply kill that option.
As nobody replied to the message I guess that nobody cares and
we can remove it after the release.

-- 
Martin Waitz