Subject: Re: [PATCH] nice ftplugin for vim, that shows the commited diff in a split'ed buffer.

From: Pierre Habouzit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:04:38 +0200

Le mar 17 octobre 2006 12:59, Peter Baumann a écrit :
> 2006/10/17, Pierre Habouzit <[email-masked]>:

> > because for me, wherever I'm from, the cwd is .git/ but it's maybe
> > due to the fact that I use autochdir, I don't know.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to use something like 'git-rev-parse
> --git-dir' or 'git-rev-parse --show-cdup' to get to the root of the
> repository?

Yes it does, SungHyun Nam already sent a patch to me about that, that is 
quite interesting. I've merged it partly, and will make that commit 
plugin slightly better, so that people can:
 1/ trig it by hand
 2/ chose if the split is vertical or horizontal (I always have very big
    terms with a lot of vertical splits in vim, so I like the latter,
    other prefer the former)
 3/ chose via a let g:gitcommit_diff_mode or sth like that in the vimrc
    if that has to spawn automatically (0: none, 1: horiz split, 2: vert
    split)

and that time, I'll send that to the git contrib/vim maintainer so that 
I won't bother the list too much :)

a corrected version of the commit file wrt the cwd is on my site 
already, with a bit of SungHyun changes[1].

 [1] http://madism.org/~madcoder/dotfiles/vim/ftplugin/git.vim
-- 
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [email-masked]
OOO                                                http://www.madism.org