Subject: Signed git-tag doesn't find default key

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:04:17 +0100

Hello,

I did this:

$ git tag -s adp-sign-tag
gpg: skipped "Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>": secret key not available
gpg: signing failed: secret key not available
failed to sign the tag with GPG.

I believe the problem is that I have used the comment field in my key's UID 
definition.

$ gpg --list-keys andy
pub   1024D/4F712F6D 2003-08-14
uid                  Andy Parkins (Google) <[email-masked]>

So when git-tag looks for "Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>"; it's not 
found.  The answer is (I think) to search only on the email address when 
looking for a key.  I've simply changed git-tag to have

username=$(git-repo-config user.email)

However, this is clearly wrong as what it actually wants is the committer 
email.  Am I safe to simply process the $tagger variable to extract it?

Andy
-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIEE
[email-masked]