Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Example Cogito Addon - cogito-bundle

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:40:43 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> For people new to the list, the message is:
> 
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/27/focus=217
> 
> I think I've quoted this link at least three times on this list;
> I consider it is _the_ most important message in the whole list
> archive.  If you haven't read it, read it now, print it out,
> read it three more times, place it under the pillow before you
> sleep tonight.  Repeat that until you can recite the whole
> message.  It should not take more than a week.
> 
> To me, personally, achieving that ideal "drill down" dream was
> one of the more important goals of my involvement in this
> project.  I did diffcore-rename to fill some part of the dream,
> and then diffcore-pickaxe to fill some other part.  Neither was
> even close.  I think the recent round of pickaxe is getting much
> closer.

What I find lacking in this mail, and in git as it is now, is
somehow remembering and perhaps even propagating user's corrections
to automatic contents movement (which includes file renames and
file copying) detection.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland