Subject: Re: VCS comparison table

From: "Matthew D. Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:03:22 -0500

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 07:44:22AM -0400 I heard the voice of
Sean, and lo! it spake thus:
> 
> Bzr revnos (dotted or otherwise) can not be guaranteed to be stable
> in a truly distributed system.

Perhaps the difference is that we're making a [fine] distinction
between "useful in a truely distributed system" and "useful when
WORKING in a truely distributed system".  cworth's point back up a few
posts is good; nearly all of my use of revnos is in direct interaction
with the tool, where the revnos just came from looking at the history.
And of those uses that aren't in that class, nearly all of THOSE are
very transient.  Non-local (in time or space) stability in either of
those cases is a total non-concern.

-- 
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  [email-masked]
Systems/Network Administrator |  http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/
           On the Internet, nobody can hear you scream.